[Az-Geocaching] Failure and Suggestion

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 11:24:16 -0700

At 09:26 AM 8/24/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>As a newbie, I was under the impression that a "no find" is a failure. Thus
>I didn't log last weekend's failure. I will log this weekend's failure (no
>find) when I finally find the cache.

Why wait until you find the cache?  There are many reasons to log your
experience.  Some have already been brought up.  Log entries REALLY help
the cache owner know what the status of the cache is.  They also provide a
written history of the cache, and people not being able to find the cache
is just as much part of that history as people finding that cache.  Helpful
hints can be passed on to future hunters such as your example of not
wearing sandals and shorts.  Others might find that VERY helpful.  As a
cache owner, I also like to see people go back and find it the next time
out if they couldn't the first time, it shows that there is interest in the
game and the cache.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache