[Az-Geocaching] Question about a survey answer

Bell, Robert listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:48:26 -0700

When I feel I've given it enough time and have basically
given up, I'll post a no find log.  If the cache is gone and
I didn't find it, I post a note (can't find or not find
what's not there!) I used to remove the no find and replace
with a find once I went back, but I don't do that anymore.
Luckily I haven't had any no finds on caches that were actually
there in quite a while.

Once I started hiding caches I realized no finds helped the
cache owner determine the cache status a lot more easily. In
fact, a lack of no finds on the stats list makes me suspicious that
that person isn't logging theirs!

my $.02

Rob
Team CHUMP

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Sever [mailto:justinsever@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 23, 2002 15:13
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Question about a survey answer

Here is how I distinguish between posting a no-find and a note.

I post a note if I don't give it a through search or don't actually make
it to the cache location (people in the area, or some other
circumstance).  If I actually look for the cache and can't find it, then
I post a no-find.   I always post something though, each and every cache
that I go to, wither I'm able to search for it or not.

-Frobro Goose