[Az-Geocaching] Question about a survey answer

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:02:17 -0700

--=====================_6649582==_.ALT

At 01:46 PM 8/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>The very worst it can do is to humble you temporarily. The world needs more
>humble people anyway. :)
>
>Thanks for opening my eyes to this point. I will not be so biased towards my
>own "success" in the future if I cannot find a cache.

I have always looked at my log entries as my history with geocaching.  If I
can't find a cache, that is every bit as much my history as my finding a
cache and that is why I leave my no-find logs in place even after going
back and finding the cache.

You are absolutely right about it being a humbling feeling at times, but
not being able to find a cache is just as valid as finding it, and part of
the game.  If I found ever cache every time out, this would actually be a
little boring. :-)  I have to admit that I take great pleasure in going
back and finding it the second time out.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com

--=====================_6649582==_.ALT

At 01:46 PM 8/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br><br>
humble you temporarily. The world needs more<br>
humble people anyway. :)<br><br>
Thanks for opening my eyes to this point. I will not be so biased towards
my<br>
own &quot;success&quot; in the future if I cannot find a
cache.</blockquote><br>
I have always looked at my log entries as my history with
geocaching.&nbsp; If I can't find a cache, that is every bit as much my
history as my finding a cache and that is why I leave my no-find logs in
place even after going back and finding the cache.<br><br>
You are absolutely right about it being a humbling feeling at times, but
not being able to find a cache is just as valid as finding it, and part
of the game.&nbsp; If I found ever cache every time out, this would
actually be a little boring. :-)&nbsp; I have to admit that I take great
pleasure in going back and finding it the second time out.<br>