[Az-Geocaching] Really funny log entry

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:00:40 -0700

--=====================_13631146==_.ALT

I don't know if Night Hunter is on this list or not, but I just got the
following Log Watch Notification that I felt needed to be shared with everyone.

Scott

Night Hunter has logged a cache on your watch list (O_dog #2). You can
visit the cache at the following link:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=13328
User comments:
I have to admit that when I first started walking out this wash; I was
think that this wasn't very fun. The brush was thick and overgrown due to
recent rains.
Then all of a sudden, I heard a loud breaking of branches and thunderous
footfalls in front of me. It sounded like a Rhinoceros was coming right at
me. I quickly looked around and picked up a medium sized rock in the hopes
that I could strike a blow David and Goliath style before being impaled by
the monster's snout. As soon as I lifted my meager weapon above my head the
noise stopped. Now I figured that I not only had an armored animal coming
after me, but one that was smart enough to know when he was threatened and
now he was being tactical. I inched slowly forward, thinking that There was
no way I was going to let some African animal that didn't even belong out
here get in my way of my yet unfound treasure. After about three steps, I
heard a faint brushing of leaves to my left. I looked over and less than
ten feet from me was a good- sized deer. I frantically but silently waved
my hands at the innocent animal in the hopes of encouraging her to run away
and be save!
d from the horned beast that was still hiding somewhere near-by. My plan
succeeded, and as the sweet doe ran away, she made a noise equal to that of
my menacing predator. With the stone still above my head, in a pitiful
attempt to keep my armed foe at bay, I started walking forward again. After
about 100 feet, I decided that I would have enough time to raise my weapon
if I heard the noise again and lowered my stone and listened. After hearing
nothing for a few seconds, I continued on my quest, with stone in hand, to
find what I was after.
Soon after I was safe from that Life-changing event, I realized that this
was going to be a really nice hike after all. The Canyon opened up and the
walls rose above me. Absolutely beautiful. Tiny frogs bounced all around my
feet. A few snakes slithered around the tadpole filled ponds.
When my GPSr told me to start heading out of the wash, I was thick in the
brush. I hopped up on a rock to see my best option. That is when I saw the
Geo-Trail (a trail that has absolutely no purpose to anybody except a
Geocacher.)
After looking for about 30 minutes I finally found the Cache and took a
much needed rest.
I was so worn out after that hike, that I did not want to hike back out. It
was so beautiful, that I actually thought about camping there for the
night. I may have, if I wasn't afraid of the Wild Rhinos.
Thanks for the adventure of my life
Night Hunter

--=====================_13631146==_.ALT

I don't know if Night Hunter is on this list or not, but I just got the
following Log Watch Notification that I felt needed to be shared with
everyone.<br><br>
Scott<br><br>
Night Hunter has logged a cache on your watch list (O_dog #2). You can
visit the cache at the following link:<br>
I have to admit that when I first started walking out this wash; I was
think that this wasn't very fun. The brush was thick and overgrown due to
recent rains.<br>
[...]
the hopes of encouraging her to run away and be save! <br>
d from the horned beast that was still hiding somewhere near-by. My plan
succeeded, and as the sweet doe ran away, she made a noise equal to that
of my menacing predator. With the stone still above my head, in a pitiful
attempt to keep my armed foe at bay, I started walking forward again.
After about 100 feet, I decided that I would have enough time to raise my
weapon if I heard the noise again and lowered my stone and listened.
After hearing nothing for a few seconds, I continued on my quest, with
stone in hand, to find what I was after. <br>
Soon after I was safe from that Life-changing event, I realized that this
was going to be a really nice hike after all. The Canyon opened up and
the walls rose above me. Absolutely beautiful. Tiny frogs bounced all
around my feet. A few snakes slithered around the tadpole filled ponds.
When my GPSr told me to start heading out of the wash, I was thick in the
brush. I hopped up on a rock to see my best option. That is when I saw
the Geo-Trail (a trail that has absolutely no purpose to anybody except a
Geocacher.)<br>
After looking for about 30 minutes I finally found the Cache and took a
much needed rest.<br>
I was so worn out after that hike, that I did not want to hike back out.
It was so beautiful, that I actually thought about camping there for the
night. I may have, if I wasn't afraid of the Wild Rhinos.<br>
Thanks for the adventure of my life<br>
Night Hunter<br>