[Az-Geocaching] It's not as bad as we have been told

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
21 Aug 2002 00:58:00 -0700

I dug up this old message by Ken:

State Land in Arizona
State Trust land was granted to the state by the federal government when
Arizona became a state in 1912. These lands total approximately 9.4
million
acres and are managed by the State Land Department. State Trust Land is
NOT
public land. You must obtain a permit from ASLD to be on State Trust
Land.
Recreational Permits are available for individuals and families and are
issued for one year from the date of purchase. The Individual Permit is
$15.00 and the Family Permit is $20.00. You may pick up your
Recreational
Permit in person at State Land Department offices. Non-profit group and
event recreational permits are also available. They require a different
permit and usually require a longer processing time.
Most state land is already leased to someone. When recreating on State
Land, please follow the rules and keep in mind that someone else is
making
a living from that land.

1.      Arizona State Land Department Offices (ASLD)
www.land.state.az.us/
Main Office - Phoenix (602) 542-4631
Tucson Office (520) 628-5480
Flagstaff Office (520) 774-1425