[Az-Geocaching] Hazard of putting a travel bug in a highly exposed cache

Tim Giron listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:39:40 -0700

--============_-1182350906==_ma============

Actually, looking at the logs, it appears that two teams were there
at the same time and cross-swapped bugs through the cache.  One of
them just hasn't logged picking up the bug, yet, so I think Stephanie
is currently out of danger.

Tim
Team AZFastFeet

>One of my travel bugs, established in honor of WNBA player
><http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=6792>Stephanie
>McCarty, was placed in a
><http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=32295>geocache
>last night that the most recent cache finder reports as being
>"exposed".  Other finders of this cache also report that this cache
>is not well hidden.  I will offer a cautionary warning about putting
>a travel bug in an exposed cache that is likely to be found by
>accident.
>
>There is a chance that the cache could be accidentally found and
>removed, with the travel bug inside, before the next geocacher finds
>it.  This happened at the
><http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=11072>Park and
>Cache cache in Mesa.  A
><http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=28369>geocacher put
>the
><http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=2958>Boothia
>travel bug in it on June 9, and the cache (with travel bug inside)
>was apparently nabbed by a park employee before the next geocacher
>attempted to find it on June 13.  Thus, this travel bug appears to
>be gone for good.
>
>  Ken (a.k.a. Highpointer)
--============_-1182350906==_ma============

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>Re: [Az-Geocaching] Hazard of putting a travel bug
there at the same time and cross-swapped bugs through the cache.&nbsp;
One of them just hasn't logged picking up the bug, yet, so I think
Stephanie is currently out of danger.</div>
honor of WNBA player <a
href="http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=6792"
href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=32295"
>geocache</a> last night that the most recent cache finder reports as
being &quot;exposed&quot;.&nbsp; Other&nbsp;finders of this cache also
report that this cache is not well hidden.&nbsp; I will offer a
cautionary warning about putting a travel bug in an exposed cache
that&nbsp;is likely to be found by accident.<br>
accidentally found and removed, with the travel bug inside, before the
next geocacher finds it.&nbsp; This happened&nbsp;at the <a
href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=11072"><font
 color="#003399">Park and Cache</font></a> cache in Mesa.&nbsp; A <a
href="http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=28369"><font
color="#003399">geocacher</font></a> put the <a
href="http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=2958"><font
color="#003399">Boothia</font></a> travel bug in it on June 9, and the
cache (with travel bug inside) was apparently nabbed by a park
employee before the next geocacher attempted to find it on June 13.&nbsp;
Thus, this travel bug appears to be gone for good.<br>