[Az-Geocaching] Wow! Check Out THIS Cache!

Chelby Geiss listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 21:53:57 -0700

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=32825

AH!  You guys beat me to the punch here!  I have been working with
Kristy to develop this cache!  I was going to post about it this
evening!  Shouldn't you guys be out on a Friday night?!?!?:)

Kevin and I are going to be on hand along with Kristy and husband Brain
(they make up Team Hi*Fi) and a couple museum workers with GPS's to take
any non-GPS people around and let them try out our units.  We've been
trying to get this together for a couple months and the date was already
set when I heard about the campout:(  Major bummer there!  But I'm sure
Kristy would be more than happy to have a few more cachers on hand to
take John Q. Public around on the grounds!

Kristy is hoping this will be the first of many events like this!  She
knows that we need good press and this couldn't have come at a better
time!  BTW, she's an archaeologist/geocacher (a  rare breed!). She has
really had to fight with some people (even before the article in the
Republic) to get this event to happen.  It is going to be a good one!
So PLEASE stop by!!!

This is a little funny story that Kristy just passed along to me.  One
guy called to ask details about the event.  Kristy is trying to explain
what a GPS is and he says "Oh yeah!  I have one of those in my car!"
We're just imagining these SUV's and luxury vehicles driving around the
grounds trying to find the coordinates!  She had to explain  that the
one in his car wouldn't work for this application!:)

So come on out and say hi! It's a wonderful museum if you have never
been!
C:)
Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin