[Az-Geocaching] Another New List Member

Joe Brekke listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 9 Aug 2002 16:53:46 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C23FC5.53924FC0

Hi everyone, please let me introduce ourselves, though we have met a few =
of you out there...We are TeamBlunder...Joe, my son Brad who is 10, and =
my other son Erik who is  18 months...he rides to most of the caches =
that we have done on my back in a baby backpack.

I've known of this site for some time, and have occasionally looked on =
here at the stats, and come in to get info on Team Snaptek's =
sites...however I didn't realize that this mailing list was on the site.

I joined the list just after the article in the Republic, (Thank =
goodness we get the East Valley Tribune here), and have watched the =
posts for a few days just getting a feel for the site and "listening" to =
all of the comments...most of which I agree with - a few that I don't.

I am greatly impressed with the way all of you express your ideas and =
beliefs, however.

I too was very surprised and saddened by the content of the article and =
the accusations that it made.  I remain convinced that the damage was =
not caused by Geocachers.  I was convinced of this fact well before =
reading the descriptions from those who hid and found the caches. =20

Anyway, the purpose of this post was not to re-hash much of what has =
already been said, but was meant to introduce the members of TeamBlunder =
to those on this list. =20

My boys and I have had such a good time searching for and finding the =
caches that you have all hidden.  This activity is family time that we =
spend together.  My wife is a Registered Nurse, and works 12 hour night =
shifts every other weekend (that's our way of keeping our kids out of =
daycare) and 1 - 12 hour night shift during the week.  So the men of the =
house get out and do our weekend Geocaching so our lovely Bride and =
Mother can get some much needed rest.

We are new to Arizona and the Valley and this activity has been great in =
learning how to get around, finding out what the Valley has to offer, =
learning historical things about the state, getting off the couch seeing =
some marvelously beautiful country, and most important of all, spending =
time with my two boys doing someting we all like...you should see Erik's =
face light up when I bring the Baby Backpack out...he just loves it.

I hope to run into more of the community out there in our travels, and =
to learn from the discussions here.  I hope you all have a great weekend =
of caching.

Joe

TeamBlunder

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C23FC5.53924FC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi everyone, please let me introduce =
ourselves,=20
though&nbsp;we have met a few of you out there...We are =
TeamBlunder...Joe, my=20
son Brad who is 10, and my other son Erik who is&nbsp;&nbsp;18 =
months...he rides=20
to most of the caches that we have done on my back in a baby=20
backpack.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've known of this site for some time, =
and have=20
occasionally looked on here at the stats, and come in to get info on =
Team=20
Snaptek's sites...however I didn't realize that this mailing list was on =
the=20
site.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I joined the list just after the =
article in the=20
Republic, (Thank goodness we get the East Valley Tribune here), and have =
watched=20
the posts for a few days just getting a feel for the site and =
"listening" to all=20
of the comments...most of which I agree with - a few that I =
don't.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am greatly impressed with the way all =
of you=20
express your ideas and beliefs, however.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I too was very surprised and saddened =
by the=20
content of the article and the accusations that it made.&nbsp; I=20
remain&nbsp;convinced that the damage was not caused by =
Geocachers.&nbsp; I was=20
convinced of this fact well before reading the descriptions from those =
who hid=20
and found the caches.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyway, the purpose of this post was =
not to re-hash=20
much of what has already been said, but was meant to introduce the =
members of=20
TeamBlunder to those on this list.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My boys and I have had such a good time =
searching=20
for and finding the caches that you have all hidden.&nbsp; This activity =
is=20
family time that we spend together.&nbsp; My wife is a Registered Nurse, =
and=20
works 12 hour night shifts every other weekend (that's our way of =
keeping our=20
kids out of daycare) and 1 - 12 hour night shift during the week.&nbsp; =
So the=20
men of the house get out and do our weekend Geocaching so our lovely =
Bride and=20
Mother can get some much needed rest.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We are new to Arizona and the Valley =
and this=20
activity has been great in learning how to get around, finding out what =
the=20
Valley has to offer, learning historical things about the state, getting =
off the=20
couch seeing some marvelously beautiful country, and most important of =
all,=20
spending time with my two boys doing someting we all like...you should =
see=20
Erik's face light up when I bring the Baby Backpack out...he just loves=20
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hope to run into more of the =
community out there=20
in our travels, and to learn from the discussions here.&nbsp; I hope you =
all=20
have a great weekend of caching.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Joe</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>TeamBlunder</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C23FC5.53924FC0--