[Az-Geocaching] Over reaction

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 10:05:44 -0700

I have read a number of messages both here and over on the geocaching.com
about the press that Arizona geocaching received yesterday, and people
turning their caches into member's only caches.

One of the comments, made by a member of this list, over on the forums,
stated that the caches were made member's only because there were going to
be a lot of new people geocaching because of the article.  At least that is
how I read the message.

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bad idea?  Don't we want to welcome
new geocachers to our community?  Making some of the best caches in Arizona
member's only really seems to be as elitist as the comments made by those
interviewed in the Republic article.

I adopted a member's only cache when Team Rayzor had to move away, and I
will keep it a member's only cache since he asked me to, but I would never
consider turning any of my existing caches into member's only.

Just my $0.02.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache