[Az-Geocaching] archeaological sites

Arvin listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:18:54 -0700

I have finally found a cache Yea! I also had to write the reporter. She can
really push the emotional buttons. I will share you letter here. The main
point is about the tupperware bowl and I didn't even think about it till a
ps!

adub

I share your concern about the damage to the archeaological sites. Wish I
could bring to justice the fools that damaged them. As well as litterers and
for that matter child abusers!

Unfortunately, I doubt that any geochachers were involved in the damage or
of driving atv's to a geochache site. Why? I have only found one of them and
it was an easy one. Took me 10 mins. of searching to locate it even though
my gps unit said I was standing on top of it.

Everyone that goes looking for these caches trys to leave them as well
hidden as they found them. Well, of course, not everyone. Fools are involved
in all human activities. A cache that is easy to find is usually stolen by
the same people that leave the litter and do the damage to our forests.

I can't even call myself a geocacher yet and I still had to speak my piece.
I will be looking for more caches though.

Sincerely
Arvin Evans

ps.  The tupperware bowl that had a geocaching sticker in it will also have
a log book with all the people's names that have visited the site and the
name of the person that placed the cache there and on geocaching.com...
Attack them not the whole sport.