[Az-Geocaching] Destruction of geological site(s?)

Farquhar, Larry listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:38:04 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C23E20.0A24BA90

Anyone care to share which cache is being referred to in the White Tanks?
There's a few caches there I haven't done. The ones that I have done in the
White Tanks - I can't think of any of them being an archeological site. You
can Email me privately.

Libby - I know one of your caches that I wanted to visit the nearby
archeological site, but it was late in the day. We looked at it with
binoculars and still plan to visit it someday.
Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.happy-wanderers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: WOLFB8 [mailto:Wolfb8@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2002 7:14 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Destruction of geological site(s?)

Interesting ....... I do agree with some point that they made....I am in to
archaeology ...and know of some really kewl places that I wanted to share
with other geocacher...not sure how they would respect the area I hide a
cache about .1 mile from the site and in the log book told cacher how to get
to the site ....if they wanted to explore it..... for what I can tell from
the logs only 3 people took the time to look around.... most were into the
cache and go bit..... now I know that everyone of them would have gone and
seen the site if the got score for it....    I do believe that we have a
right to visit all the archaeological site that are on public lands.....but
I also think that virtual caches should be used at them to help prevent
damage..... lets face it if each one of us turned over just one rock when
looking for a cache.....after 20 people the landscape would look totally
different..... From reading the article we all know what caches they are
talking about....

just my 2 cents
We will be known by the tracks we leave behin

------_=_NextPart_001_01C23E20.0A24BA90

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><SPAN class=519033314-07082002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Anyone
care to share which cache is being referred to in the White Tanks? There's a few
caches there I haven't done. The ones that I have done in the White Tanks - I
can't think of any of them being an archeological site. You can Email me
privately.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=519033314-07082002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=519033314-07082002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Libby
- I know one of your caches that I wanted to visit the nearby archeological
site, but it was late in the day. We looked at it with binoculars and&nbsp;still
plan to visit it someday.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<P><SPAN lang=en-us><B><FONT face=Arial size=2>Larry Farquhar</FONT></B></SPAN>
<BR><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Team "Wyle E"</FONT></SPAN>
<BR><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial
size=2>www.happy-wanderers.com</FONT></SPAN> </P></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> WOLFB8
  [mailto:Wolfb8@cox.net] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, August 07, 2002 7:14
  AM<BR><B>To:</B> listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re:
  [Az-Geocaching] Destruction of geological site(s?)<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Interesting ....... I do agree with some point
  that they made....I am in to <FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>archaeology
  ...and know of some really kewl places that I wanted to share with other
  geocacher...not sure how they would respect the area I hide a cache about .1
  mile from the site and in the log book told cacher how to get to the
  site&nbsp;....if they wanted to explore it..... for what I can tell from the
  logs only 3 people took the time to look around.... most were into the cache
  and go bit..... now I know that everyone of them would have gone and seen the
  site if the got score for it....&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I do believe that we have a
  right to visit all the archaeological site that are on public lands.....but I
  also think that virtual caches should be used at them to help prevent
  damage..... lets face it if each one of us turned over just one rock when
  looking for a cache.....after 20 people the landscape would look totally
  different..... From reading the article we all know what caches they are
  talking about....</FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>just my 2 cents</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>We will be known by the tracks we leave
behin</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C23E20.0A24BA90--