[Az-Geocaching] Tri Centennial

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:56:57 -0700

Thanks all and thanks Denny for reminding me that I havent hid a cache yet!
:) LOL

#300 was a fun cache find indeed! You can read my log entry on the Humboldt
Mnt Cache to read more about it. Had a fun time.

After setting a new record for the most finds with none hidden (is there
such a record?!) :) LOL, we are ready to hide our first cache. I have an
ammo box in my posession (I also have 2 Altoids cans!). We have 2 or 3
places in mind to put our first cache. We just have to figure out how to get
to them! :) HAHHEHEHEAHHAHHEHHEEE LOL Rest assured that not even a Jeep will
be able to go there!

As far as the container goes: I have basically taken a 100' tall Ponderosa
pine (the cache container) and gutted it out as to be able to hold the
contents of the cache. We will place it somewhere on the Mogollon Rim. It is
designed to blend in well with it's surroundings. LOL  Just kidding! :)

We plan to place our first cache sometime in September hopefully. We will be
out of state on August 16th thru the 3rd of September to compete in the US
National Balloon Championships as well as a couple other competitions
(Albuquerque, NM * Houston, TX * Waco, TX). Once we return, we will be
setting our sights on hiding our first cache! :) Of course, that will be
after we get all cought up with all the new caches that will probably be
placed while we are away from geocaching for 3 weeks! :)

I am starting to get worried about the 500 waypoint limitation on my Garmin
GPS! I have like 410 not found in AZ!

Looking forward to my next 300!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind