[Az-Geocaching] Catalina State Park

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 15:38:21 -0700

At 03:11 PM 8/2/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Maybe you could re-do with someone lying face down on the ground handing
>over their wallet and have the bear with pantyhose over their head so he
>looks more like a "robber".  Then it wouldn't matter what kind of car it
>was.

At the time, the Forest Service was doing a lot of PR telling people how
easy it would be to drive up to the toll booth, hand over your $5 and be on
your way.  You wouldn't need to get out of your car and it would only take
a few seconds.  We talked alot about how we wanted to stage the shoot and
decided that based on the FS comments, we had to have a guy sitting in his
car.  We wanted to do it at the toll booth, but there was no way possible
to do that.  We ended up about .5miles down hill from the booth.

>I think my biggest problem with the poster is that Mr. Scott looks kinda
>excited in a slightly happy way.  I know I wouldn't have that look on my
>face if I was being robbed at gun point by a bear :)

That was the look we were going for at the time.  In addition to the PR
about how easy it would be, they were also trying to convince everyone here
in Tucson that they should be really happy about paying the toll.  While it
really fit the mood at the time, it wasn't particularly timeless.

If I was going to do a sequel to the poster, I would probably do it out at
Sabino Canyon and have the mood be completely different.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache