[Az-Geocaching] GPS: problem locking on enough satellites and more

Monika listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:06:19 -0700 (MST)

I wanted to than everyone for such a prompt and helpful response. I tired
moving the reciever closer to the side window in the car, but it was to no
avail (nor was actually sticking my hand outside the window (not smart)). I
think that antenna seems to be the only solution.

I will probably settle for paper maps, since I don't have a handy laptop. I
will defenitely check the Costco and the store in Fiesta Mall. I looked up the
choice of datum sets in GPS4000 and it does have NAD27 as a choice.

thanks again,
Monika