[Az-Geocaching] GPS: problem locking on enough satellites and more

Fleg . listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:01:03 -0600

My offer to everyone still stands, I can get you a $30 discount if you order
it online from Delorme....just let me know and I'll give you the code.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
Hello Monika,

	Welcome to geocaching :-)

	Steve pretty much answered all your questions, but I just wanted to suggest
another option for maps.  I recently purchase "Topo USA" version 4.0 by
DeLORME.  I have it loaded on both my laptop and my home desktop computer.
Wherever you have the cursor pointed on the map, it gives you both Lat/Long
and altitude instantly in a readout next to the map.  With a datalink cable
hooked up from my Magellan 315 GPS to my laptop, it shows my location on the
map as I travel.  I just took a trip from Mesa to Los Angeles (Six Flags)
and hit several caches.  I really liked being able to look at the map on my
laptop and seeing exactly where I was and where I needed to go.  Topo USA
cost me $90.00 at Staples.

	Just my two bits worth.

Gordon
Team Coyote1022