[Az-Geocaching] Locationless geocache still available in Phoenix area: Take a picture at a major professional sports facility

Highpointer listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:15:50 -0700 (PDT)

--0-2061488778-1020096950=:12161

Here is a cache that can be logged at any home facility for a major professional sports team (MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=19943

Yesterday I visited and posted pictures at Sun Devil Stadium (home of the AZ Cardinals), and the previous day some geocachers did the same at Bank One Ballpark (home of our World Champion Diamondbacks).

However, it appears that America West Arena (Suns & Coyotes) is still available for the taking.

Some of the sports facilities pictured are facilities still under construction.  Perhaps someone could also claim the site of the new Coyotes facility in Glendale, where construction has recently started.

However, I don't think one can yet claim the site of the new Cardinals stadium - that is still in limbo.

During the weekend, I purchased a new digital camera.  Now that I have a digital camera and have successfully uploaded pictures to Geocaching.com, I don't see why anyone would purchase a film camera anymore.

Highpointer

--0-2061488778-1020096950=:12161

<BASE href=http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=20752&amp;Nocache=0.7055475><FONT face=Arial size=2>
<P>Here is a cache that can be logged at any home facility for a major professional sports team (MLB, NFL, NBA, and NHL):</P>
<P><A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=19943">http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=19943</A></P>
<P>Yesterday I visited and posted pictures at <STRONG>Sun Devil Stadium</STRONG> (home of the AZ Cardinals), and the previous day some geocachers did the same at <STRONG>Bank One Ballpark</STRONG> (home of our World Champion Diamondbacks).</P>
<P>However, it appears that <STRONG>America West Arena</STRONG> (Suns &amp; Coyotes) is still available for the taking.</P>
<P>Some of the sports facilities pictured are facilities still under construction.&nbsp; Perhaps someone could also claim the site of the new Coyotes facility in Glendale, where construction has recently started.</P>
<P>However, I don't think one can yet claim the site of the new Cardinals stadium - that is still in limbo.</P>
<P>During the weekend, I purchased a new digital camera.&nbsp; Now that I have a digital camera and have successfully uploaded pictures to Geocaching.com, I don't see why anyone would purchase a film camera anymore.</P>
--0-2061488778-1020096950=:12161--