[Az-Geocaching] State Trust Land in Maricopa County

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:43:02 -0700

At 11:24 AM 4/23/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>An Aurora 54K?!?!? That is just a little toy! :) (A nice little
>competition balloon though). I could almost carry that entire system on my
>back and walk it out no problem! :) LOL

We had to carry the whole system about a mile across White Sands National
Monument once.  2 people carry the stuff bag.  2 people carry the basket
(with carry poles of course) and 1 person carries the instruments.  None of
it was heavy, but can be a bit awkward.

I quit ballooning every weekend a few years ago, just didn't have the time
to be able to commit to each and every weekend.  Of course it was never a
business, just a hobby.  Since I started geocaching I have thought about
all the great caches I could have placed while I was either in the balloon
or driving the chase truck.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache