[Az-Geocaching] State Trust Land in Maricopa County

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:19:03 -0600

To the off-roaders....who else saw that coming but me?  Its a shame that the
bone headed people that us the desert as a dumping ground ruin it for the
rest of us.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
I received my renewal application in the mail today. The following page
was enclosed with the form and the usual rules and regulations:

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL RECREATIONAL PERMIT HOLDERS

To date, the following parcels of land within the Maricopa County
metropolitan area have been closed to motorized vehicle use by formal
order of the State Land Commissioner due to excessive dust and natural
resource damage:

1.	North side of Deer Valley Road, East of 7th Street, Phoenix
2.	East side of Cave Creek Road, South of Pinnacle Peak Road,
Phoenix
3.	West side of Cave Creek Road, North of Pinnacle Peak Road,
Phoenix
4.	East side of Cave Creek Road, North of Pinnacle Peak Road,
Phoenix
5.	West side of Scottsdale Road from Mayo Blvd. to Pinnacle Peak
Road, Phoenix
6.	North side of Happy Valley Road, West of 51st Avenue, Phoenix
7.	West side of 7th Avenue, South of Galvin Road, Phoenix
8.	South side of Baseline Road, West of Signal Butte, Mesa
9.	West side of 109th Avenue, North of Rose Garden Lane, Peoria
10.	West side of Lake Pleasant Road, North & South of Deer Valley
Road Alignment, Peoria
11.	Southwest Bell Road & Crozier Road, Surprise

NOTE:  Arizona State Land Recreational permits on these parcels are
invalid with regard to motorized vehicle use. Any person(s) found in
possession of and/or operating motorized vehicles on these parcels will
be considered trespassing and may be subject to prosecution with
penalties of up to $500.00. A.R.S. 13-1502; A. R. S. 13-802.

If you would like more details regarding these closures, closure
updates, or for information on how you can may [sic] be able to help
prevent future closures in your area, please call Judy Wood at (602)
542-7235 or e-mail jwood@lnd.state.az.us.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
September 17, 2001

Underscores theirs, typos mine (except the one indicated by "[sic]").

I guess my main reason for typing all this in is to ask: Does anyone
recognize any caches in these areas that might be affected by these
restrictions? Perhaps we can make sure the cache owners know about this.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena