[Az-Geocaching] Ya Skala cache: Thank you for additional advice or tips.

Highpointer listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:41:25 -0700 (PDT)

--0-468902670-1019576485=:81666

To AZ Geocachers,
Thanks for the advice and tips.  I have heard from some previous replies that the cache appears to be "broken" and thus should be listed as inactive.  I hope the owner repairs or replaces it, because I would like to claim this one legitimately.  I've spent more time looking for this one than most caches that require hiking (i.e. King Usery's Treasure, a cache near the summit of Pass Mountain).
The parking lot of Pizzeria Blanco appears to be a good place to park when the restaurant is not open.  The parking lot is posted for restaurant customers only, but the restaurant is open only during dinner and it is closed on Mondays.  Therefore, if you visit the area on Mondays or during lunch hour, I guess it is OK to park there if you are just making a quick look for the cache.
I made another quick stop after work yesterday to see if I could find any remains of the cache or its container, but to no avail.  I'll suspend all future searches until I can receive word from the owner that the cache has been repaired or replaced.
Highpointer
 Bob Renner <renner001@yahoo.com> wrote: Highpointer,

By the sounds of the recent posts, the cache container may be in need of repair. You may want to wait until the owners can report back as to the status of the cache. Hopefully, it will remain as an active cache since it is a great example of a well hidden yet totally visible urban cache.

Bob