[Az-Geocaching] State Trust Land in Maricopa County

Bob Renner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 08:17:48 -0700 (PDT)

My cache "In the Shadow of the Pyramid" is outside of
the closed area mentioned below.

My other cache "Box O' Books"  might be within area 1.
 I have sent an email to Judy Wood asking for an
explanation of the limits of the areas in question.
However, some of the area around the cache is now part
of the Cave Buttes Recreation Area which is under the
jurisdiction of the city of Phoenix.  The cache itself
is not with the rec area, but some of the approach
routes are within.  The final hill climb is not
within. I will check with the ranger responsible for
the area and see what he says about motorized travel
and update the cache page as necessary.

BTW, both of these caches were placed by mountain
bike. The restrictions list motorized vehicles, so
future use of mountain bikes should be OK.

Bob