[Az-Geocaching] Fwd: [LOG] Watch List Notification

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:46:16 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah! Lincoln went out and did Wyle E's Camp Wood
cache! Finally!
I posted this to the list as an example and reminder of
what NOT to put in a cache. If I remember right, Flash
and I supplied the only plastic bags that were in
there, hopefully that is how the log survived. We all
live and learn!
peace,
Trisha "Lightning"

Subject: [LOG] Watch List Notification
	From: "Geocaching.com Emailer Bot"
<emailer@geocaching.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:19:13 -0700
To: trisha@brasher.com

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL MESSAGE FROM GEOCACHING.COM
Replying to this message will not send a message to the
user. Email contact@geocaching.com with any questions

Lincoln has logged a cache on your watch list (Camp
Wood Cache). You can visit the cache at the following
link:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=3457

User comments:
This was a great day for Geocaching.  Just a little
windy, but that helped to dry out the cache.

“Nice location for a cache. However, the contents that
were not in Ziploc Bags, were already getting a bit
damp.” from Flash-2014’s log.

Well, come April this cache was swimming.  The
Emergency Drinking Water containers had all leaked.
The nut raisin mix received some of the water and made
for an interesting odor.  The cardboard on the peg
game, camper egg container & salt and pepper shaker,
were becoming soup.  The first aid travel pack did not
make it either - water logged.

The inside of the can is nearly completely covered with
rust.  I dried out the cache and contents.  I threw
away everything that could not be salvaged.  I placed
what was left in Ziploc Bags.  Also, left a new deck of
cards, a candle in a plastic bottle, and a bar of Irish
Spring Soap.  Hopefully, the soap will change the smell
of the cache.

The log survived the flood.  The only visitors to this
cache have logged their finds on the cache page.

There is a lot of interesting country in the Camp Wood
area.  Today I saw javelina, squirrels, hawks, and
turkeys.  These were wild turkeys, not the kinds you
find in metropolitan areas.

Thanks Team Wyle E for another interesting cache.

This will take you to the cache page. If you would like
to modify your cache list, please visit
www.geocaching.com.

Cheers,
Geocaching.com Team