[Az-Geocaching] Another Tucson cache bites it

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 21:17:12 -0600

I say we find him, drag him out into the street and beat him with sticks!!!!
  Then when our arms are tired we hook him up to the Yellow Jeeps and pull
him around!!!  Yeah thats the ticket.
Or we could email him and ask him how we could work with the NPS but I think
the sticks and Jeeps would be better  ;)

Michael

----Original Message Follows----
I don't know how many of you are watching the following cache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=586
FirePoint at Scenic StarDance

but if you are you probably noticed something very interesting today.  I
just recieved the following two log watch notifications.

#1:

Ranger51 has logged a cache on your watch list (FirePoint at Scenic
StarDance). You can visit the cache at the following link:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=586
User comments:
The FirePoint at Senic StarDance cache has been removed under 36 CFR
2.22(a)(2) Leaving property unattended for longer than 24 hours, except in
locations where longer time periods have been designated or in accordance
with conditions established by the superintendent. The cache has been
impounded under 36 CFR 2.22(b)Impoundment of Property. Per the regulations
set forth in 36 CFR 2.22(b)the cache will be stored at Saguaro National
Park for a period of 60 days during which the owner can claim the cache by
contacting Saguaro National Park, West.
Thank you,
Ranger Jackson

#2:

Saguaro Rangers has logged a cache on your watch list (FirePoint at Scenic
StarDance). You can visit the cache at the following link:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=586
User comments:
The FirePoint at Senic StarDance Cache has been removed under 36 CFR
2.22(a)(2) Leaving property unattended for longer than 24 hours, except in
locations where longer time periods have been designated or in accordance
with conditions established by the superintendent. The cache has been
impounded under 36 CFR 2.22(b)Impoundment of Property. Per the regulations
set forth in 36 CFR 2.22(b)the cache will be stored at Saguaro National
Park for a period of 60 days during which the owner can claim the cache by
contacting Saguaro National Park, west.
Thank you,
Ranger Jackson

What I find odd about this is that it would appear that "Ranger51" removed
the cache and logged it.  They then deleted the log entry and re-entered it
as "Saguaro Rangers" which is the same geocaching.com account that they
used for the cache out in the East unit.  If you look though the logs for
this cache you will see that "Ranger51" had already logged this cache as a
find.  Infact, "Ranger51" is a fairly active cache hunter here in Tucson.

I am not saying that there appears to be any hypocrisy but....

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache

Michael Fleigle