[Az-Geocaching] To be (a cache) or not to be (a cache)... tha t is the question!

Ford, Denny listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:35:53 -0700

Scott,
I looked and I only notice the five, Anchor, liberty Bell, Frontier, Inspired, and Mining.  There is one to the east but
that is Ya Sakala.

That is how I see it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Nicol [mailto:arizcowboy@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 9:00 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] To be (a cache) or not to be (a cache)... that
is the question!

Howdy all,

I was checking out my geocaching.com map of caches just now and noticed
there are more caches appearing on the map for downtown Phoenix that I don't
think exsist.

I have logged finds on these 4 virtual caches in Downtown Phoenix. AZ's
Liberty Bell and USS AZ Anchor (both by Bob Renner) and Inspired by Steve
and AZ Frontier (both by HeyJude). Now, on MY map I show the checkboxes
(showing caches found) on all 4 of these. However, I saw some other unfound
cache boxes under these ones. So, I zoomed in all the way and sure enough
there is another cache box (blue for not found and two showing green for new
caches) under each of these virtual caches I have already found. When I
click on the option to name these caches, it only gives the name of the 4
caches that I have found and doesnt name the 'supposed' new ones. I dont
beleive anymore exist down there as I dont see any new ones on the list of
AZ caches. There is the Mining Mueseum VC that I have not yet logged a find
on (we went there Sunday for these other caches, but, it was closed! doh!).
However, that cache is over to the right of these and isnt one of the new
cache boxes that appears under these.

So, if anyone has found these 4 above mentioned virtual caches... if you
zoom all the way in on your cache map... do you see these 'new' caches too?
Or is it just my cache map?

I am wondering if these are new caches (as there are many more memorials
down there yet to put VC's at) and the map system just isnt allowing me to
highlight and name the boxes under the checked boxes.

Thanks

Scott
Team Ropingthewind