[Az-Geocaching] Scratch and Cache archived

DAVID Hansen listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:12:42 -0700

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C1E0BB.4E698950

I have been waiting for my Grand Canyon backpacking trip to place my firs=
t cache was not even thinking about the NPS restrictions until this came =
up.... doh.   The virtual cache seems like an easy enough alternative tho=
ugh :)  be on the lookout for a new VC in the GC in the near future. =20

----- Original Message -----
From: Baja Fleg
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 4:49 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Scratch and Cache archived

Already done a few VC's here in Albuquerque.  We have a couple of areas
around town that beg to have a cache placed at them but are managed by th=
NPS.  We have one VC planted at one now with another one planned as soon =
as
we find a good way of doing it.  A couple of my fellow Albuquerque geo's
have gone ahead and just planted a cache in the NP's but one got removed,
the other is still there.  You would really think they would have somethi=
ng
better to do then harass the people who pay their salaries.  We have also
planted two caches here in town that we ask people to cache in and trash =
out
when they visit.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
It might be horrible if we actually had a purpose for going to the parks,
only stayed briefly and took trash out with us.

We should bombard the national parts with virtual caches, of the type tha=
you have to go take your picture with some unique landmark, or team TJ's
idea of having a multistager that has anything but the first stage inside
a park.
National parks remind me a lot of home owner associations, you pay them
money so that they can tell you what you can and can't do.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek
(No home owner associaction on my house)

------=_NextPart_001_0002_01C1E0BB.4E698950

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>I have been wa=
iting for&nbsp;my Grand Canyon backpacking trip&nbsp;to place my first ca=
che&nbsp;was not even thinking about the NPS restrictions until this came=
 up.... doh.&nbsp;&nbsp; The virtual cache seems like an easy enough alte=
rnative though :)&nbsp; be on the lookout for a new VC in the GC in the n=
ear future.&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-RI=
GHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px s=
olid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial">----- Original =
Message -----</DIV> <DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt Arial; =
COLOR: black"><B>From:</B> Baja Fleg</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Arial=
"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, April 10, 2002 4:49 PM</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FONT=
: 10pt Arial"><B>To:</B> listserv@azgeocaching.com</DIV> <DIV style=3D"FO=
NT: 10pt Arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [Az-Geocaching] Scratch and Cache arc=
hived</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>Already done a few VC's here in Albuquerque.=
&nbsp; We have a couple of areas<BR>around town that beg to have a cache =
placed at them but are managed by the<BR>NPS.&nbsp; We have one VC plante=
d at one now with another one planned as soon as<BR>we find a good way of=
 doing it.&nbsp; A couple of my fellow Albuquerque geo's<BR>have gone ahe=
ad and just planted a cache in the NP's but one got removed,<BR>the other=
 is still there.&nbsp; You would really think they would have something<B=
R>better to do then harass the people who pay their salaries.&nbsp; We ha=
ve also<BR>planted two caches here in town that we ask people to cache in=
 and trash out<BR>when they visit.<BR><BR>Michael<BR>Team TJ<BR><BR><BR>-=
---Original Message Follows----<BR>It might be horrible if we actually ha=
d a purpose for going to the parks,<BR>only stayed briefly and took trash=
 out with us.<BR><BR>We should bombard the national parts with virtual ca=
ches, of the type that<BR>you have to go take your picture with some uniq=
ue landmark, or team TJ's<BR>idea of having a multistager that has anythi=
ng but the first stage inside<BR>a park.<BR>National parks remind me a lo=
t of home owner associations, you pay them<BR>money so that they can tell=
 you what you can and can't do.<BR><BR>Brian Cluff<BR>Team Snaptek<BR>(No=
 home owner associaction on my house)<BR><BR>____________________________=
/photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx<BR><BR>___________________________=