[Az-Geocaching] Garmin Mapsource for Etrex Legend or Vista

Bill Burkett listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:35:39 -0700

> Is anyone using the Garmin Mapsource CD software with their garmin Etrex
> (legend or vista) GPS?

Scott, it sounds like you've received all the technical answers to you
questions that you need.

I'm no map-reader and, although I've had topo maps in the past, never really
understood them.  Never felt I confident about where I was on the map.  Of
course, resolving that is one of the real beauties of GPS.

I use Mapsource with my eMap and it has plenty of detail for the casual sort
of use I put it to.  The routes I plot usually work out just fine and I can
identify the landmarks and topography I see on the map as I drive and hike
into an area.

They work fine for me, but I'm not a connoisseur.