[Az-Geocaching] Scratch and Cache archived

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 15:59:17 -0700

At 03:36 PM 4/8/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>Although I don't like seeing any cache archived - I wondered when the
>Saquaro NP cache's would disappear, since they are within the park service
>area. I noticed this one was on the East park - the West park still seems
>okay.

The East park has always been more restrictive than the West unit.  That
doesn't mean that the West is going to be a good place for caches.  I had
talked to a ranger that I know out there and he said that many of the
rangers know about the caches and keep it quiet, but it seems that they are
starting to take a closer look at the caches.

I have spoke to people with Pima County and it is very promising for caches
in the parks there.  A friend of mine is the chairman of the parks board
and he spoke with the director of the department that thinks that
geocaching sounds like a lot of fun and wants to make sure that county
parks remain open to caching.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache