[Az-Geocaching] stats

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 00:04:26 -0700 (MST)

> Wow if you hit web total  wyle is # 2 in the state and no one else is even
> in the top ten

Yup, all you have to do is find 1 cache in arizona and our site will list
you in some way.  ie. web total=541 and found=1 :)

We thought about making a system that would make you an arizona caches if
most of your caches were found in arizona, but there are a ton of problems
with that, so we just left it as is and let whoever is looking at the
stats decide what they mean.  That's pretty much been our philosophy from
day one... Just give tons of info and let the user figure it out.  Thats
why we don't have anyone singled out as "winners" since a winner and a
looser depends on how you look at the data, and since there are likely
dozens of ways to look at it, it wouldn't be fair to single anyone out.
Plus it would just make people mad... and I think I'm getting a little
repetitive now, but it's late and i'm not totally thinking straight..

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek