[Az-Geocaching] Cache Placing Philosophy

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 16:16:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Not sure how you are counting the "record" for
Labyrinth Canyon being the least visited cache, but
don't forget Wyle E's "Camp Wood Cache" that has had
only 2 finds (really ONE...we were together). Even tho'
it has not been out in the field as long, fewer people
have found/attempted, and it is not that hard to get
to!!!
Wish I had a boat, I'd love a trip on Powell!
peace,
~~trisha  ~~ "Lightning"

Brian Cluff wrote

> I guess it all depends on what your goals for the
cache are.  Do you
> really want a cache that is going to be found a lot,
or do you want to
> take the brave few to a new exciting place.
> We snaptek types love being taken to a new place, and
it shows in most, if
> not all, of our caches.  Some of them are fairly
difficult to get to, but
> worth it once you get there. (Anyone, done freemont
saddle want to back me
> up on this :)
> We've also got Labyrinth Canyon, that currently holds
the record for the
> least visited cache... too bad too, it's an
interesting area, but I guess
> the fact that you have to own a boat or rent one
hinders a lot of
> visitors.  Anyway, for us, it's not about getting a
zillion people to the
> cache, but getting the brave few, to see someplace
nice or interesting.

> Brian Cluff
> Team Snaptek
>
> On Sat, 6 Apr 2002, Jim Stamm wrote:
>
> > After a long time, and many miles, I finally placed
a cache at Buster
> > Spring (GC441F).  I felt that it was a good placing
at the time because
> > it offered challenge, variety of attack routes, and
hopefully a sense of
> > accomplishment for the successful geocacher.
> >
> > Now I am having second thoughts, and wanted some
input before placing
> > another.  The emphasis seems to be on the number of
caches, and the speed
> > with which they are attained.  Buster Spring will
definitely hinder that
> > type of goal.  Is it a bad idea to place caches in
Arizona that eat up