[Az-Geocaching] Snaptek's site

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:35:09 -0700 (MST)

What works real well is a handspring visor, I believe thats what cody said
he just got.  They are 100% palm pilot compadible.  You can pick up a
cheap refurbished one from compUSA for $79:
http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=285256&tabtype=rb

You other alternative is one of the WineCE devices.  They tend to have
more storage space and a much faster processor, but also tend to cost a
lot more.  I personally would like to pick up a Compaq iPaq.  They have
tons of expansion capability and is like having a completely laptop in
your pocket, but at 5 times the price.  And I can run full blown linux on
it:
http://athome.compaq.com/showroom/static/iPAQ/handheld_jumppage.asp

I would probably just start yourself off with the cheap visor and if you
find you are using it and would like to get some more power, go for one of
the more expensive devices.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek