[Az-Geocaching] Prescott Caches

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 18:09:20 -0700

At 05:39 PM 4/3/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>the benefit of the doubt before getting even slightly mad.  After managing
>caches and groupings across the whole planet, he might have run into some
>situations where tight cache groupings caused problems.  Maybe it resulted

This raises a good question.  Is it his job to manage caches?  Or is it
just his job to provide the electronic means for people to post their
caches?  Is it the job of the cache owner to manage their own caches?  Is
it then the responsibility of the cache hunters in a given area to
determine if there are too many in an area?

It all comes back to the simple fact that when this gets too controlled
people will make a decision as to whether they will continue with this
hobby or not.  It will be up to each and ever person to decide where their
breaking point is.  Geocaching will either survive or it won't.  My
continued participation in this sport will have nothing to do with
that.  However, trying to micro-manage cache placement from hundreds or
thousands of miles away will definitely have an impact on the future of the
game.

In any case, I will continue to enjoy the outdoors.  I will continue to
take my Land Cruiser, or whatever my current 4x4 is, on the trails that we
enjoy.  Perhaps I will be looking for an ammo can under a pile of rocks, or
maybe it will be something else.
Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache