[Az-Geocaching] Prescott Caches

Gordon and Darlene Flatt listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:56:00 -0700

Team Coyote1022 will be spending 6 weeks in the Prescott area this summer,
so we hope there is enough caches to keep us going for that time!  If not,
we will be buying more ammo cans so that we can place caches in the area.
If they're aren't any to find, then our mission will be to create some.
Please Lincoln, keep all your caches in place!  Six weeks is a long time to
go without a fix for our addiction!!!

Gordon & Darlene
Team Coyote1022

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of
lfar@cox.net
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 4:46 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Prescott Caches

I hadn't found the last few of Lincoln's new caches. These are the ones he
just archived. However, I agree with Trisha. There were/are not that many
caches in the Prescott area. The ones that are (were) there are different.
It's much harder to find 5+ caches in the mountains in one day, than it is
to find 10+ caches in an urban area. All of the Prescott area caches are
high quality, including fantastic locations.

I appreciate the web site services that Jeremy provides. I became a "charter
member". However, I also think Jeremy was wrong, and he shouldn't be the
"cache police" to advise on this when he hasn't physically been there. I
know he's found a few caches in the area, but only the "easy" ones (like the
cache that was 2' off the main hwy near Jerome).

In comparison, the Phoenix ASU/Paqago park area is MUCH more crowded with
caches than the entire Prescott National Forest. I think Lincoln should
re-hide his new caches if he wants. He could also advise Jeremy that this
area IS NOT saturated with caches, considering the terrain and remote
locations of many of them.

We almost came up to Prescott again this weekend, but plans changed (even
before these caches were archived).

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.happy-wanderers.com