[Az-Geocaching] A comment on statistics

Jason Poulter polt@snaptek.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 11:46:09 -0700

Simply do not visit the statistics then.... they are simply there for fun and to
promote discussion.... we built them just because we (Team Snaptek) were curious
about it... we don't take any of it seriously... I could careless is some other
team has found every caches there is or who has most or who found it first,
etc...  we just decided maybe other people might be interested in it also, so we
made it available to them....

The main reason it was done in the first place is so I can always have an up to
date database that I can then import all the waypoints into my GPS the stats
came about as a side note...

The second reason it came about is so I don't have to sit and sift through the
geocaching.com website looking for all the arizona log entries to read about
what is happening in arizona... I can simply go to one spot and see all the
arizona activity much easier...

So look at them or don't... it doesn't matter to us... but always remember its
the hunt that makes geocaching so great!!!

Jason
Team Snaptek