[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching outside AZ

Larry Farquhar lfar@home.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 18:46:58 -0700

Discovering new places is the best part of GeoCaching! There's at least 60
places (so far) in Arizona that caching has allowed me to visit, that I
probably never would have gone to. A year ago, I was a couch potato. Now I'm
never home, and loving it!

I've had the chance to look for caches in NJ and WA. You're correct, the
tree cover in other places sure makes a difference. Streams (we would call
them Rivers in AZ) were a problem for me in NJ. I always ended up on the
wrong side and had to find a way around to the opposite side. We're taking
our 23rd Honeymoon to Hawaii in a couple months. There's 6 caches on Oahu,
and we're hoping to find at least 4 of them. Of course, Connie will get made
at me if that's all we do while there. But it'll give us the chance to hike
through some beautiful country, normally not visited by the tourist.

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com]On Behalf Of Dave
Chapman
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 3:23 PM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Geocaching outside AZ

Just a quick note to the list wondering how many of you folks have had
experience geocaching outside of AZ. It is nice to see visitors from out
of AZ and contributing in a very positive way to the fun here - the
Boca-Boyz
are the first names to come to mind in that regard. I know there have
been
others.

I don't get to travel very often - but two recent trips allowed me to
check out
caches in other locations.

-In August I visited Austin on business. I visit this city perhaps twice
a year
and on this occasion I found 5 caches over two evenings - seeing parts
of Austin
that I've never considered visiting. One notable difference between AZ
and other
states is the relative lack of tree cover we enjoy here - making
tracking to the
cache much easier. This cache gave me all sorts of trouble..
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=737

-In late August - I attended a conference at Stanford, CA - and I was
there five
days - but got a chance to explore the wilderness parks around the San
Jose area.
I found 8 caches in total on this trip - including one that was placed
on top of
a municipal dump - definitely the smelliest cache I've ever found...
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=328

--
David Chapman  (Team oliviac)    AZ: 28 TX: 5 CA: 8