[Az-Geocaching] Missing Cache

Larry Farquhar lfar@home.com
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:35:59 -0700

Wasn't that note in the log made a few months ago? There's a bunch of Email
on this topic on the geocaching.com discussion groups. Different areas of
the BLM and forest service have different feelings on geocaching. Basically,
they don't really understand or know what it is we're doing.

I would think they should like the idea of getting us desk jockeys outside,
enjoying OUR public lands.

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com]On Behalf Of Trisha
Radley
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 11:15 PM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Missing Cache

We had a Forest Service employee log in to the Quartz Cache near Prescott,
saying that the Forest Service had gotten an email <<warning?>> about
"geo-caching" and she had gone out to this cache to check it out (on her
personal time). In the log, she made a comment that it didn't seem like the
cache was causing any impact or environmental problems, "as long as it is
moved from time to time". So it appears the FS is "on" to geo-caching and
maybe watching their respective areas.

"Lightning1996YCJP"
~~trisha