[Az-Geocaching] Anyone in Tucson

Larry Farquhar lfar@home.com
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 16:10:19 -0700

Scott;

I know you placed a new one on Mt Lemmon! :-) I spent a day a couple weeks
ago getting the 6 caches at the Catalina, Sabino, and Mt Lemmon area. After
I get home, a NEW cache is placed on Mt Lemmon, and now a 2nd NEW cache!
Guess I'll have to plan another trip back to the Tucson area. Actually, I
was going back soon anyway - there was still 5 (now 6) other caches I need
to visit. So after finding 6 caches in the Tucson area, there's still 8 left
I haven't found. Looks like another weekend trip. Soon....

Finding caches in Tucson costs money! $5 to park at the Catalina Mtn park,
$5 for Sabino park, and $5 for Mt Lemmon. OK - Sabino and Mt Lemmon can be
on the same visitor's pass. I understand there's a toll and fee for the
Colossal Cave cache area???

Come on up to the Phoenix area for the day (or weekend). There's plenty of
caches. You can choose many of the "easy" urban caches, or go for some of
the "mountain park" caches with nice hikes and great views. We're not THAT
far away. Take the family for a weekend to the Prescott or Payson area for
the weekend. There's also plenty of real nice caches in both areas.

Sometimes we camp out in an area, and sometimes we splurge for a hotel and
dining. Either way, we're together and enjoying new areas and adventures.
(Beats staying home and watching TV or doing yard work - yeck!)

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com