[Az-Geocaching] Are we having fun or what?

Dave Chapman rxtc90@email.sps.mot.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:13:18 -0700

I started geocaching about four months ago. I've primarily being hunting
down
caches in the valley. My gameplan was to start with the caches nearest
to where
I lived and work outwards. With my job and family - it is difficult for
me to
find time to drive out of town on cache-hunting expeditions. As fast as
I find
these local caches - people seem to be hiding them.

I can say that my enjoyment of this pursuit has only increased with
time.

I enjoy all aspects of geocaching.
-The challenging hikes (King Usery, Diablo Point)
-The puzzles (Water Ranch Roundup)
-The night time trips (West of Arizona, the Quest) - if you haven't done
a night
time hunt - I suggest you give it a try.
-For the urban caches - I admit I enjoy the thrill of trying to be the
first to
snag the cache (Higher Education).

I have yet to enjoy the pleasure of hiding a cache (shame on me). But I
took steps in the
right direction this past weekend when I purchased two ammo boxes. I
have an eye on
a number of locations. Hopefully by Thanksgiving, I'll have these in
place.

Happy hunting, and I look forward to meeting (some of) you guys November
3. It's lunchtime,
and I'm off to snag Reservoir Dogs.

Dave (Team oliviac)