[Az-Geocaching] (no subject)

Bob Renner az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:33:38 -0800 (PST)

The download boxes are the little check boxes on the
cache listing pages under the word "details" on the
right side of the page.  You check these and then
click on the "download" button at the bottom to get
the caches downloaded for EasyGPS.  You have to be
logged in to the geocaching site to have the download
boxes even show up on your screen.

The maps that used to show up on the first page of
each cache description are from the government Tiger
mapping site.  The site is down as are several other
government sites.  They have a concern about hackers
or something.

Additionally, when you clicked on the map it took
you to Mapblast.  Mapblast has recently added a
requitement that you "register" to get access.  I'm
not sure what impact this may have on users, but
that's a different topic.

Bob

=====
.