[Az-Geocaching] Assault on Bronco Butte Geocache

Bob Renner az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:26:51 -0800 (PST)

Trisha,

The route we will be trying is about 3.3 miles one
way.  I haven't been on it before, so I'm not sure
how long or difficult it will be.  I used the word
route because there is no trail.  We will be
bushwacking the whole way.  The elevatin change and
need to find a passible route will slow us down.

I hope we can average 1 mph for the round trip,
including hiking, searching, lunch, rest breaks,
etc.  That means it should be about 6-8 hours total.
We may be able to do it in less time, but I don't
like to plan on a short time and then have it take
longer.  I'd rather plan on it taking the longer time
and then be glad when we finish sooner.

I don't want to make this sound impossible, but I
want everyone to understand that this is going to be
a tough hike.  I don't plan on rushing the hike, but
rather taking my time and enjoying the views.
However, we need to make sure we are done before we
run out of daylight.

I sent an email to the owner of the cache.  I'll
forward his response that I received to the group.

Bob

=====
.