[Az-Geocaching] Captive Coyote

Cache-Quest az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:53:17 -0700

I was sitting in the truck at the parking area for the Hang’em High cache
(GC2F8) and I was trying to decide what to bring with me for the exchange…

“What shall I bring for the exchange?” I thought out loud.  “Maybe I’ll
bring that Wyle E Pocketable coyote.  I’ve had that for a while.”

“You can’t leave me.” The Coyote said. “Only Larry could leave me.”

“You talk?”

“I used to talk to Larry all the time.”

“Did he tell you any of his Geocaching secrets?”

“I know all his secrets.  I watched him a lot.”

“So what do you know?”

“I can’t tell you!”

“Why not?”

“That would give your team an advantage.”

“Not likely. I would need a fleet of yellow Jeeps to compete with Larry.”

“True, and then you wouldn’t catch him.  He’s clever like a coyote.”

“No wonder Larry left you in a cache, you talk too much, but I still don’t
think you know any of Larry’s caching tricks.”

“You can’t trick me into telling you anything.”

“Well then I leave you in this cache and you will be all alone.”

“That’s ok Larry will come and save me.”

“What if I tie you to a tree near the cache?  Could he find you then?”

“Larry can find anything!”

“OK, you’re my captive coyote now!  By the way, this cache has been here ten
months and Larry hasn’t found it yet.”

“Gulp.”