[Az-Geocaching] have you heard of this before

Larry Farquhar az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 09:32:35 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C18094.6F5F0D60

Strange. Let us know what you find out!

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.azjeeper.com

  -----Original Message-----
  From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com]On Behalf Of wolfb8
  Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 8:09 AM
  To: az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] have you heard of this before

  This was left as a note on my Tamba cache....

  We didn't visit this site. We ran out of daylight before we could get to
it. We did, however, find a small camoflage-colored paint can with the word
Tamba written on it at stage #3 of the Having a Ball geocache (GC20DC). Is
there a connection? Does this count as a find? Johnny & Eric, Greensburg, PA

  This is the note that was left at Having a Ball Cache
  We went on a geocaching vacation in Phoenix for one week. We thought that
it would be a great way to see Arizona and we were not disappointed. We
found 23 of the 28 caches that we attempted. It was great fun even when we
were not successful. We had some really great adventures and saw a lot of
rocks and thorns. We really owe a debt of gratitude to the geocaching
community in Arizona for some great cache locations. Thank You! This was our
last find of the trip and our third find of the day. We had a bit of a
strange experience with this one. We found #1, #2, and #3 easily enough but
we could not continue because it was starting to get dark and we realized
that there was no way we could make the hike to the final cache. The odd
thing is that we found two containers at #3. I don't mean for this log to be
a spoiler but there is no other way to explain. One of them was a tupperware
and the other was a small camoflage-colored paint can with the word Tamba
written on it. We wondered if this was supposed to be the Tamba geocache
which is supposed to be somewhere way out in the desert on the other side of
Wickenburg, 82.1 miles away! If so, the coordinates are way off! We hope
someone will offer us an explanation for this mystery. Anyhow, We left a
travel bug here at #3 since it was to be the final cache our trip. The goal
of this particular bug is to visit state high points but we had to settle
for a high point in a state capitol. We really hope that somebody will be
able to find him and send him on his way. We had great fun with this cache.
There were some really great views of Phoenix along the way. Thanks again.
Johnny & Eric. Greensburg, PA

  I am like stumped on this one Since I have not done the having a ball
cache yet has anyone else seen the thismoving cache.... Dam I set one up to
move and it sits in one place for ever.... I have one that should sit still
and it moves ....go figure

  Anyway I will go to the Tamba cache this weeek it see if it is still were
it belongs and either add more to the puzzel or solve it

  any idea's folks

  libby

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C18094.6F5F0D60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D880073216-09122001><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Strange. Let us know what you find out!</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P><FONT size=3D2>Larry Farquhar<BR>Team "Wyle =
E"<BR>www.azjeeper.com</FONT> </P>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com=20
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com]<B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>wolfb8<BR><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, December 09, 2001 8:09 =
AM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] =
have you=20
  heard of this before<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff0000 size=3D2>This was left as a =
note on my Tamba=20
  cache....</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We didn't visit this site. We ran out =
of daylight=20
  before we could get to it. We did, however, find a small =
camoflage-colored=20
  paint can with the word Tamba written on it at stage #3 of the Having =
a Ball=20
  geocache (GC20DC). Is there a connection? Does this count as a find? =
Johnny=20
  &amp; Eric, Greensburg, PA</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#ff0000 size=3D2>This is the note that =
was left at=20
  Having a Ball Cache</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We went on a geocaching vacation in =
Phoenix for=20
  one week. We thought that it would be a great way to see Arizona and =
we were=20
  not disappointed. We found 23 of the 28 caches that we attempted. It =
was great=20
  fun even when we were not successful. We had some really great =
adventures and=20
  saw a lot of rocks and thorns. We really owe a debt of gratitude to =
the=20
  geocaching community in Arizona for some great cache locations. Thank =
You!=20
  This was our last find of the trip and our third find of the day. We =
had a bit=20
  of a strange experience with this one. We found #1, #2, and #3 easily =
enough=20
  but we could not continue because it was starting to get dark and we =
realized=20
  that there was no way we could make the hike to the final cache. The =
odd thing=20
  is that we found two containers at #3. I don't mean for this log to be =
a=20
  spoiler but there is no other way to explain. One of them was a =
tupperware and=20
  the other was a small camoflage-colored paint can with the word Tamba =
written=20
  on it. We wondered if this was supposed to be the Tamba geocache which =
is=20
  supposed to be somewhere way out in the desert on the other side of=20
  Wickenburg, 82.1 miles away! If so, the coordinates are way off! We =
hope=20
  someone will offer us an explanation for this mystery. Anyhow, We left =
a=20
  travel bug here at #3 since it was to be the final cache our trip. The =
goal of=20
  this particular bug is to visit state high points but we had to settle =
for a=20
  high point in a state capitol. We really hope that somebody will be =
able to=20
  find him and send him on his way. We had great fun with this cache. =
There were=20
  some really great views of Phoenix along the way. Thanks again. Johnny =
&amp;=20
  Eric. Greensburg, PA</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT color=3D#ff0000>I am like =
stumped on this one=20
  Since I have not done the having a ball cache yet has anyone else seen =
the=20
  thismoving cache.... Dam I set one up to move and it sits in one place =
for=20
  ever.... I have one that should sit still and it moves ....go=20
  figure</FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT =
color=3D#ff0000></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT color=3D#ff0000>Anyway I will =
go to the Tamba=20
  cache this weeek it see if it is still were it belongs and either add =
more to=20
  the puzzel or solve it</FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT =
color=3D#ff0000></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT color=3D#ff0000>any idea's=20
  folks</FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT =
color=3D#ff0000></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT=20
color=3D#ff0000>libby<BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></FONT></BODY></HT=

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C18094.6F5F0D60--