Thank you for making my point for me.  Of course some people would scream about the prices if they had to buy 30 gallons of milk a week.  The whining about gas prices has nothing to do with cost of production, transport, etc. and everything to do with just wanting it cheaper.  If they bought that much milk, they’d be screaming for the government to pass a law regulating milk prices, and they don’t really care about why these things cost what they do.  Nope.  Give it to me cheaper, or I’m going to blame some conspiracy and throw a tantrum.  The relative cost of gas and milk has nothing to do with how much we use of either one.

Bill in Willcox

From: az-geocaching-bounces@listserv.azgeocaching.com [mailto:az-geocaching-bounces@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of TEAM 360
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:18 PM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Prices

Now this cracks me up everytime someone brings this up...Do you use 30 gallons of milk a week? Of course not...if everyone did, they would be screaming about milk prices...just not a realistic comparison, really...

Besides, just try to buy a gallon of anything else for what gas costs you.  Milk comes from a local dairy and requires very little processing compared to gas, which is pumped up from a mile in the ground halfway around the world, transported 10 or 12 thousand miles, and has to be expensively processed before it is sold, but the milk still costs more.  Why isn’t anyone yelling about the dairy industry price gouging.  Heck, a gallon of water costs quite a lot, and they don’t do much of anything to that.

Bill in Willcox

Do you Yahoo!?