Brian, Team Dodge Podge will adopt the cleanup cache and the CITO cache.  We'll send you an email to get the details from you on it.  Jalene will attend the upcoming cleanup to get a feel for what's involved in it.

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert & Linda Smith
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 7:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Cache adoption

Brian,
If I lived closer I would take if for you.  I'm up in Prescott and it would entail to much driving for me to handle.  Sorry to see someone has not jumped on this for you already.  Maybe this reminder will bring someone out of the woods.  Thanks for all you have done for us and the caching community.  Your next home town will gain a tremendous asset in having your move in with them.
Bob Smith - Petite Elite

Brian - Team A.I. wrote:
Ok, I think I have most of them taken care of, and a list will be produced in a few days.  However, the most important of all my caches here is the Adopt-A-Highway program and its accompanying CITO Always cache.  It took a lot of work to get it in place, but requires not much effort at all to maintain.  4 cleanups per year as mandated by ADOT, and if scheduled evenly apart reduces the amount of time for each subsequent cleanup.

Here is basically what I do to organize the cleanup:

Build the cache page (recycling most previous info)/submit for approval
Contact the ADOT liaison and inform him of the cleanup date
Pickup bags/vests
Meet for briefing
Cleanup
Mail cleanup card to ADOT and return vests

I also pick up water from the store for distribution among cachers, but that is nominal

It's important that we maintain this stretch of highway and not let the signs go down, as it is great visibility for the Geocaching community here in Arizona and a great way to promote CITO (and it's worth a find everytime!).

Anyone willing to step up to the plate?

Brian
Team A.I.

---