From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com] On Behalf Of SquishyGecko
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 2:40 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] New to Geocaching :-)

Hi all ...

Fairly new to the geocaching hobby, however I've already located four caches and have ordered a few travel bugs of my own to start planting around the greater Phoenix area. :)

The equipment I'm using is a Toshiba laptop with a GPS receiver, a wifi card, and DeLorme Maps.  Maybe someday I'll purchase a handheld GPS receiver and make life a little easier.

I've noticed there are quite a few teams operating, and wonder what the benefit of operating within a team might be.  Are there team-oriented events?

Aside from that, any tips and advice which you might offer would be awesome.

Thanks!

Do you Yahoo!?