Welcome to geocaching "Squishy Gecko."  The "listserv" here, and the "DISCUSS GEOCACHING" (forums) sites are the best places to discuss geocaching and pick up hints and advice.  You'll find a lot of great people here on the listserv that will be very helpful and answer any geocaching related questions you have.  Also try attending as many of the events that we have - it's a great way to meet the faces behind the names.

Rand (RandMan)

----- Original Message -----
From: SquishyGecko
Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 2:47 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] New to Geocaching :-)

Hi all ...

Fairly new to the geocaching hobby, however I've already located four caches and have ordered a few travel bugs of my own to start planting around the greater Phoenix area. :)

The equipment I'm using is a Toshiba laptop with a GPS receiver, a wifi card, and DeLorme Maps.  Maybe someday I'll purchase a handheld GPS receiver and make life a little easier.

I've noticed there are quite a few teams operating, and wonder what the benefit of operating within a team might be.  Are there team-oriented events?

Aside from that, any tips and advice which you might offer would be awesome.

Thanks!