We kept the first log from our First cache and intend to continue doing so with the caches that allow us too, that is the ones that are not removed by non cachers :/.

----- Original Message -----
From: Team Tierra Buena
To: az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com
Sent: Thursday, February 20, 2003 11:28 PM
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Log Volume I

For a change I have a question.

We currently have "Dogcacher" on the Disabled List. It was reported that the container was rusting and the log book was filled, both of which are true. When we replace the cache, do we get to keep the full log book at home, or should we return it to the cache along with a new book?

I'm inclined to keep it. Why? Imperial Eagle's first find of the cache at 2 in the morning (Darren, we hope you're well). Or how about this excerpt, just a year and three days ago: "1st of many, hopefully!" You got that right, RopingTheWind! Why would I want to risk notes like that to theft or plunder?

At the same time, returning the log book to the cache lets other finders share them as well.  But do finders read all the log entries? I don't think that's the case. And inevitably, someone will find a blank page in the old book, and post their now-out-of-sequence entry there.

I don't think I've ever seen the issue discussed before. I'm open to anyone's thoughts.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena