[Az-Geocaching] What does Garmin's "geocaching mode" mean?

az_pistolero az_pistolero at mac.com
Sat May 23 21:03:32 CDT 2009

My trusty old GPS-V gave up the ghost last week -- looks like the
display is gone.   I see them on eBay (both used and new) but I'll
consider a newer model.

My old GPS-II+ and GPS-III units died or were donated a long time
ago.   if I'll switch, I'll retire my Touratech and RAM mounts ($$ !).

Garmin's touting a "geocaching mode" on their new units.   Does anyone
know specifically what this means?

My interests in a new GC GPS are:  Great battery life, ability to load
Garmin Topos, WAAS, 500-1000 waypoints, back-tracking, "Waterproof" or
better and Durability -- it'll be mounted exposed on my ATV and also
be a handheld hunting / geocaching unit.  Color isn't necessary.

Thanks!
az_pistolero (Jon)