[Az-Geocaching] Fwd: AzGeocaching: Geocaching souvenir project

Jason Poulter jason at azgeocaching.com
Wed Dec 30 13:28:14 CST 2009

please reply to email address below

This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.azgeocaching.com/ from:
Jen <jens at groundspeak.com>

Groundspeak is working on a very interesting project right now and are looking for help from local geocaching groups.

We are planning to add a "virtual souvenir" feature to the iPhone app. Souvenirs will be associated with a particular
area (a state, city, etc.) and if you turn the iPhone app on when in the area, you will virtually acquire the souvenir.

We thought that this would be a wonderful way to feature some local artists as well as local organizations. Essentially,
we are looking for your help to find a local artist who would like to have one of their pieces (it doesn't need to be
anything new – a piece they already have is fine) used as a virtual icon in the app.

Ideally, we are looking for artists whose work depicts a particular area or who live in a particular area. If your
Organization has a Geocoin, could be as simple as the art designed for your coin, though we'd prefer not to use a
picture of the coin itself.

On the icon page, it would say something like "the [fill in AREA] icon, brought to you by the _______ Geocaching
Organization [LINK to your org]."

There will be a brief bio of the artist, including information on why he/she is associated with that area, and a link to
their website if they would like. We cannot pay for the usage rights, but we hope this will help direct traffic to their
website, so up and coming artists may be particularly interested.

The art for locations may change in the future, but will be in place for at least a year.

How it will work: If you find an interested artist, send us (pr at groundspeak.com) an email with a high resolution picture
of the piece they would like to use, the location you think it could be associated with and why. We are looking to
associate artwork with countries, states, provinces, cities, landmarks, etc. If you can provide us with more than one
location option, that would be ideal. Art does not necessarily need to depict a certain area; it can even be abstract.

Feel free to email us if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jen Sonstelie
Marketing Manager
Groundspeak