[Az-Geocaching] Pocket Query ?

AZPAUL azpaul1 at cox.net
Mon Apr 13 13:44:09 CDT 2009

Just came from the GC Forums and here was something that might explain
my problem.

"
QUOTE(Raine @ Apr 13 2009, 11:24 AM) *
<http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=findpost&pid=3900379>

There has been a lot of concern expressed in the forum lately with
regard to the speed and accuracy of the Pocket Query Generator, so I'd
like to take a minute to explain some of the improvements made to the
process that is currently being rolled out.

Our goal is to provide a link which will allow you to download your PQ
directly from the website. While this feature is being developed, we're
focused on improving the current implementation in other ways. Some of
the upgrades so far include:

    * Upgraded application from .Net 1.1 to 3.5
    * Changed app from single threaded (1 at a time) to multi-threaded
      application
    * Went from an average of 18 PQs a min to 50+ PQs a min currently.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them. Thanks.

-Raine
"

           ----- Arizona Geocaching -----
----- Where difficulty is measured in degrees -----