[Az-Geocaching] Cache database

AZcachemeister azcachemeister at getnet.com
Thu Jul 12 17:33:48 MST 2007

I believe the list offered was for the GCxxx codes...but you are right,
sir!
The 'names' of archived caches are useless in a search.
I have also found that the 'name' of an *active* cache is frequently
useless in a search as well, but that is another matter.

A list of archived GCxxx codes would allow someone to look-up and
download the .gpx files for all the archived caches for themselves, if
they so desired.

Not many will have the tenacity for that project (I show 2524 archived
listings in AZ at this time).

I suspect that GROUNDSPEAK would not be so concerned if a few people
shared such a list, but I'll bet they would 'draw the line' at an online
and regularly updated version.