[Az-Geocaching] It's raining

Gale sonoralovesmommy at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 14 02:23:48 MST 2007

Dont make me tell my Alaskan stories lol. Walking 2 miles to work in the dark, ice freezing on my legs and cracking with every step. And the hot popovers fresh from the ovens at the bakery next to work as my reward.

Brian Casteel <bcasteel at uccinc.net> wrote: We had rain, which then turned into thick, white fluffy stuff that feel
from the heavens, and congealed into a nice, slick substance we like to
call ice.  More fluffy stuff fell and covered the ice, creating a false
sense of security.  This sense of security quickly departed the psyche
the moment you increased the friction between brake pads and rotors.  Of
course, the sense of security was held at bay if one was fortunate
enough to have dual lockers and 4WD.  It is currently -2F outside with a
steamy wind chill of -30F.

On the bright side, the conditions are ripe for my power slides into the
driveway.  I start in front of my neighbor's house in 2HI with the
wheels turned slightly to the right and floor it.  The instant my rear
end kicks out, I turn hard into the slide and let off the gas as soon as
my headlights hit the driveway.  The wheels lock up and I roll straight
into the driveway and into the garage.  Man that's fun.

Brian
Team A.I.

Panda77 wrote:
> no rain here :-(
>
> --
>   Patrick Brown
>     PANDA77
>     N7FHB
>
>  Check out
> http://forsale.wickenburg.net/
> http://www.geocaching.com/
> http://www.azgeocaching.com/
> http://users.w3az.net/panda77/
> http://www.robsonsminingworld.com/
>
> ShadowAce wrote:
>> Rain last night and Search and Rescue candidate hike today.. Fingers
>> ><'ed for snow. :-)
>>
>> On 1/12/07, *Crystal Hinkle* < crystalh at cox.net
>> > wrote:
>>
>>     And I swear I just heard thunder!  YEA!!!!  Rain at last!!!!!
>>
>>     /Crystal/
>>     /CraftyCrystal/
>>

>>     Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will
>>     never begin. - Grace Hansen

>>     *From:* az-geocaching-bounces at listserv.azgeocaching.com

Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898